Dr. Abraham Avigdor is the director of the Institute of Hematology and co-director of the Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at Sheba Medical Center. He was the chairman of The Israeli Lymphoma Study Group between 2011 and 2018.
He was trained in Internal Medicine and Hematology at Sheba Medical Center, and did his post-doctoral fellowship at Tsvee Lapidot’s Lab at The Weizmann Institute, studying normal hematopoietic and leukemic stem cell development and migration.
Dr. Avigdor is a medical Hemato-oncologist who focuses on the care of patients with lymphoma, and has clinical expertise in all types of lymphomas. His current clinical research focuses on the integration of CAR T-cells therapy into the modern management of non-Hodgkin lymphomas and multiple myeloma.
He is also involved in the clinical research of PET/CT as a prognostic tool in Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphomas and the development of new therapy regimens, integrating biological and immunological agents in lymphomas.
He has international collaborations with many research groups, including the LYSA (Lymphoma Study Association in France), EMCL (European Mantle Cell Lymphoma Network) and the International Study Group on PET in Lymphoma and Myeloma.
- Director of the Institute of Hematology and co-director of the Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at Sheba Medical Center
- Senior Lecturer at the Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
- Founder and President of the Israeli Lymphoma Working Group
- Member of Hematology Consultation team for the Health Basket
Education and Training
- MD from Ben-Gurion University, School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine and in Hematology at the Sheba Medical Center
- Post-doctoral fellowship in Human hematopoietic stem cell biology at the Weizmann Institute, Department of Immunology.
- Internal Medicine
Safety and efficacy of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant after PD-1 blockade in relapsed/refractory lymphoma.
High-Risk, Advanced-Stage Hodgkin Lymphoma: The Impact of Combined Escalated BEACOPP and ABVD Treatment in Patients Who Rapidly Achieve Metabolic Complete Remission on Interim FDG-PET/CT Scan.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: