Dr. Tal Shapira-Rotenberg is a highly- qualified, experienced physician, with a special interest in breast oncology.
Membership in Professional Societies
2005- Present Israel Medical Association
2011- Present Israel Society of Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy
- Senior physician, Breast Cancer Unit, Sheba Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology
Conditions and treatment
- breast cancer
Education and Training
- B.Med.Sc, Joyce and Irving Goldman Medical School, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Be'er-Sheva
- MD, Joyce and Irving Goldman Medical School, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Be'er-Sheva
- Residency, Department of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Center
- Post-graduate school, Oncology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University
- Post-graduate school, Internal Medicine, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University
- Clinical fellowship, Breast Cancer Unit, the Royal Marsden Hospital, Chelsea, London
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Distelman-Menachem T, Shapira T, Laitman Y, Kaufman B, Barak F, Tavtigian S, Friedman E.: “Analysis of BRCA1/BRCA2 genes’ contribution to breast cancer susceptibility in high risk Jewish Ashkenazi women”. Fam Cancer, 2009;8(2):127-33.
Shapira T, Pereg D, Lishner M.: “How I treat acute and chronic leukemia in pregnancy”. Blood Rev. 2008 Sep;22(5):247-59.
Shapira T, Lishner M: “Leukemia during pregnancy” in Cancer in Pregnancy and Lactation, Eds: Koren G, Lishner M, Santiago S, Cambridge University Press, 2011