Prof. Markel is a medical oncologist, Director of the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-Oncology, Associate Professor in Clinical Microbiology and Immunology at the Sackler School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University. He completed his PhD in Immunology in 2004 with highest honors, and his MD at 2005, both at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Prof. Markel is an internationally recognized expert in translational tumor immunology and clinical immuno-oncology. He is the author of over 80 peer-reviewed papers and the inventor of 12 patents. Prof. Markel is a highly active speaker and has given numerous international talks, including TED MED, and has won many awards, such as from the Israel Cancer Association and the Wolf foundation. He serves on the steering committee of the Israel Society for Cancer Research, and is a member of ASCO, AACR, EACR, AAI and Israel Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy.
- Director of the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-Oncology
- Associate professor at Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
- Aerves on the steering committee of the Israel Society for Cancer Research
- Member of ASCO, AACR, EACR, AAI and Israel Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy
Conditions and treatment
- cell biology
- cancer research
- molecular biology
Education and Training
- Graduate of the Hadassah Medical School, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, cum Laude.
- PhD in Immunology from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, summa cum Laude.
- Medical Oncology