Prof. Amit Segev is a highly qualified Interventional Cardiologist, with specialization in Catheterization.
His fields of professional interest include:
- Evaluation and treatment of coronary heart disease – diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac catheterization. Pioneered the approach of catheterization through the wrist.
- Catheterization for carotid artery stenosis.
- Treatment and comprehensive evaluation of heart valve diseases – patient evaluation, choice of preferred treatment, transcatheter aortic valve implantation.
- Treatment and evaluation of patients with pulmonary hypertension. Pioneer of the treatment of pulmonary hypertension in the context of chronic embolism. Treatment of acute pulmonary embolism.
Director, Cardiac Catheterization Services, Sheba Medical Center
Prof. Segev has published 160 peer reviewed papers in prestigious scientific journals. Clinical interests and expertise include coronary assessment and intervention; Structural heart interventions – transcatheter aortic valve implantation; Hemodynamics; Pulmonary embolism and CTEPH and Carotid interventions.
Prof. Segev is a permanent faculty member and presenter in all major international cardiology congresses with 82 invited lectures (ESC, ACC, TCT, EuroPCR, AHA, ICI).
Memebership in professional societies:
EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY
FRENCH SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY
- Director, Division of Cardiology
- Associate Professor, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
Conditions and treatment
- coronary assessment
- coronary intervention
- structural heart interventions
- transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- pulmonary embolism
- carotid interventions
Education and Training
- MD, Technion School of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
- Residency in Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Meir Hospital, Israel
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, University of Toronto, Canada
- Internal Medicine and Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology