Dr Almog Ben-Yaacov graduated Semmelweis University Medical School with honors in 2006. He finished 2 years in cardiac surgery and than 6 more years in general surgery.
Currently he Is Senior surgeon at Sheba Medical Center under the supervision of Prof Aviram Nissan, a world specialist in CRS+HIPEC. His is mainly interesting in CRS+HIPEC procedures, Gastric Cancer, sarcoma and complex colorectal malignancies. As to 2018 he has performed over 200 HIPEC operations under the guidance of Professor Aviram Nissan.
Dr. Ben Yaacov completed many training programs, including an ESSO course on HIPEC surgery in Hamburg, Germany, liver ablative surgery using Microwave Ablation in Reims, France and NanoKnife at King’s College in London. In 2019 he is going to pass further training in the field of oncological surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital in New York, USA.
- Attending Surgeon, Department of General and Oncological Surgery-Surgery C
Conditions and treatment
- Resection of the Abdominal Wall Metastases and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Abdominal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Education and Training
- Semmelweis University Medical School with honors, Hungary
- Specialization in Cardiothoracic at Surgery Sheba Medical Center
- Specialization in General Surgery at Montefiore Medical Center, Einstein Campus, New York, USA
- Specialization in General Surgery at Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus
- General Surgery
- Oncology Surgery
- Correlation Between Intraoperative and Pathological Findings for Patients Undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Berger Y, Jacoby H, Kaufmann MI, Ben-Yaacov A, Westreich G, Sharon I, Barda L, Sharif N, Nadler R, Horesh N, Nissan A, Gutman M, Hoffman A.
- Comparison between laparoscopic and open Hartmann’s reversal: results of a decade-long multicenter retrospective study. Horesh N, Lessing Y, Rudnicki Y, Kent I, Kammar H, Ben-Yaacov A, Dreznik Y, Avital S, Mavor E, Wasserberg N, Kashtan H, Klausner J, Gutman M, Zmora O, Tulchinsky H.
- Hospital readmission rates and risk factors for readmission following cytoreductive surgery (CRS) and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for peritoneal surface malignancies. Dreznik Y, Hoffman A, Hamburger T, Ben-Yaacov A, Dux Y, Jacoby H, Berger Y, Nissan A, Gutman M.