The Davidai Arrhythmia Center
The Davidai Arrhythmia Center
Israel’s most extensive and advanced facility of its kind, the Eli and Zohara Davidai Arrhythmia Center, offers an integrated approach to cardiac care. Its team includes cardiologists, electrophysiologists, pain management specialists and medical researchers, along with fellows, nurses, technicians and a dedicated administrative team.
Emphasizing early detection and comprehensive treatment of arrhythmias of all kinds, the center plays a vital role in both supporting patients with arrhythmias and raising awareness about these conditions. The Davidai Center specializes in a range of arrhythmia treatments, including cutting-edge non-invasive options like left atrial appendage closure for atrial fibrillation and noninvasive cardiac ablation.
The heart’s normal rhythm is something we often take for granted, yet when irregularities like palpitations, fluttering or atrial fibrillation arise, they bring immediate concern due to the potential for serious, even life-threatening complications. Arrhythmias, or disturbances in the heart’s rhythm, are characterized by unusual electrical activity in the heart. While some arrhythmias aren’t life-threatening, others can lead to severe symptoms and require medical intervention.
The heart’s electrical system orchestrates each heartbeat through a complex interplay of biochemical, electrical and physiological processes, ensuring the heart’s chambers contract in a coordinated manner. This sophisticated system is designed for optimal efficiency and adaptability, responding to varying conditions such as exercise, stress and rest. The term ‘cardiac arrhythmia’ encompasses a broad range of conditions that can be inherited or acquired. These arrhythmias may occur independently (primary arrhythmias) or as part of other heart-related or systemic conditions (secondary arrhythmias).
Diagnosis and Treatment
The Davidai Center is dedicated to addressing all aspects of heart rhythm disorders. Our comprehensive services include:
- Expert consultation, thorough diagnosis and targeted treatment of rhythm disorders and syncope (fainting)
- Advanced monitoring techniques such as Holter, CardioBeeper, and loop recorder, enabling extended recording of cardiac electrical activity over 24 hours or more using compact devices
- Specialized electrophysiological tests and ablation procedures for managing rhythm disorders
- A specialized Syncope Clinic and a consulting service for fainting available in various departments and emergency units
- TILT table testing to ascertain the causes of syncope
- Pharmacological evaluations to explore abnormalities in cardiac electrical conduction
- A Pacemaker Clinic for ongoing monitoring of pacemaker and defibrillator functions, including remote monitoring from patient homes
- Surgical implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators, including ICDs
- Biventricular pacemaker implantation as a strategy for treating heart failure
- Extraction of infected or malfunctioning pacemakers and defibrillators
- Specialized care for arrhythmias in both children and adults with congenital heart disease
- A consultation clinic focused on genetic rhythm disorders
- An active electrophysiology research lab exploring new frontiers in cardiac care
- Psychological support services for individuals affected by rhythm disorders and those with implanted pacemakers or defibrillators
- Innovative solutions to improve cardiac efficiency and quality of life for heart failure patients
- Psychological support for those suffering from rhythm disorders and pacemaker/defibrillator recipients
Research and Collaborations
The Davidai Center places a strong emphasis on clinical research. Our ongoing projects encompass both foundational science in arrhythmia management and clinical trials involving innovative devices, new methodologies and unique techniques for treating heart rate irregularities. We also engage in studies assessing pacemakers and other devices, working in tandem with industry partners and conducting our own research, particularly in areas like atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and the use of radiotherapy in arrhythmia treatment.
Our collaboration extends internationally, involving experts from Europe and the US. A notable example is our enduring partnership with the electrophysiology team at Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Roy Beinart, Director of the Davidai Arrhythmia Center
Dr. Roy Beinart
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: