Department of Dermatology
Department Of Dermatology
The Department of Dermatology at Sheba Medical Center provides the latest treatments for all forms of skin disease. In addition to our advanced inpatient facility, we also operate a full outpatient clinic with eight different units. Experienced physicians offer detailed diagnoses and therapies in our Phototherapy Unit, Dermatopathology Unit, Dermato-Oncology Unit, Dermato-Allergology Unit, Pediatric Dermatology Unit, and all specialized divisions. Multidisciplinary experts meet weekly to discuss complex, unconventional patient cases from our clinic or those referred to us from other physicians in Israel. In line with our integrative approach to medicine, we also provide complementary medicine to benefit a range of skin conditions, including Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture.
Division of Internal Medicine at the Acute Care Hospital
The Department of Dermatology is a part of the Division of Internal Medicine at Sheba Medical Center. Also included in this division of the hospital:
Our specialized Pediatric Dermatology Clinic is housed within the Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital, an advanced facility dedicated exclusively to children and their families. Located conveniently on Sheba’s vast campus, this modern hospital offers all healthcare services within a cheerful, comfortable environment designed with kids in mind.
What conditions do we treat?
At Sheba’s Department of Dermatology, we treat patients who suffer from:
- Autoimmune blistering diseases (pemphigus/bullous pemphigoid)
- Urticaria/widespread allergic eruptions
- Alopecia areata
- Atopic dermatitis
- Pruritus (generalized)
- Mycosis fungoides (Alibert-Bazin syndrome)
- Melanocytic nevi and melanoma
- Non-melanocytic skin tumors
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
- Lymphomas of the skin
Our Pediatric Dermatology Unit provides diagnosis and treatment for children with the following conditions:
- Atopic dermatitis (skin asthma)
- Hemangiomas and vascular deformities (port-wine stains, lymphangiomas)
- Nevi, congenital and acquired
- Genetic skin diseases (using Wood’s lamp examination)
- Diaper rash
- Viral warts
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Psoriasis in children
- Fungal infections, scalp fungus
What treatments do we offer?
We provide a wide range of progressive therapies for skin conditions, including:
- Our Phototherapy Unit offers treatment using ultraviolet radiation
- At our Dermatopathology Unit, we perform detailed analyses of pathology slides from biopsies performed at Sheba and in laboratories throughout Israel
- Diagnosis, treatment, and complete follow-up care for patients with all types of skin cancer in our Dermato-Oncology Unit
- Our Dermato-Allergology Unit works in conjunction with the Allergology Unit to treat a myriad of skin diseases caused by allergies and hypersensitivity
- KOH preparations and cultures of skin fungi are performed in our Mycology Laboratory
- Complementary therapies, such as Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture are offered for a variety of skin conditions
- Surgical procedures are performed for adults and children, including skin biopsies
Aviv Barzilai, MD
Shoshana Greenberger, MD, PhD
Holistic Healing for Skin Conditions
Skin conditions and diseases can cause severe distress and discomfort, and a combination of traditional and complementary medicine is often required to provide treatment and lasting relief. At Sheba, we are committed to integrative healthcare that considers all the unique details of your physical and emotional well-being. Our team includes psychologists, social workers, various complementary therapists, and dietitians who collaborate to maximize your overall quality of life. When treating children, pediatric specialists join in designing the most effective, compassionate treatment program. All services for adults and children are provided efficiently under one roof on Sheba’s comprehensive campus.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: