3 Reasons to Choose Israel for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplant
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), a cancer of the blood and bone marrow, is the most common leukemia in adults, and accounts for approximately one-third of all leukemias. CLL is caused by a genetic mutation in the DNA of blood-producing cells, which triggers the production of abnormal, ineffective lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell that usually helps your body fight infection. Beyond being ineffective, these abnormal lymphocytes continue to live and multiply. The abnormal lymphocytes accumulate in the blood and in certain organs, where they cause complications, such as anemia and infection, and may crowd healthy cells out of the bone marrow and interfere with normal blood cell production. It can take a long time before chronic lymphocytic leukemia causes noticeable problems, and most people can live with it unaware for many years. However, chronic leukemia tends to be harder to cure than acute leukemia. Treatments for CLL include chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation therapy, and bone marrow transplant.
Bone Marrow Transplantation
When necessary, bone marrow transplants can be performed as part of chronic lymphocytic leukemia treatment in Israel. The procedure involves depleting diseased bone marrow with chemotherapy or radiation and then intravenously infusing healthy donor stem cells into the patient. The new stem cells travel to the bone marrow, where they begin to produce new blood cells. At Sheba Medical Center, the largest hospital in Israel, the Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation features 14 private rooms, alongside comprehensive, high-tech laboratories and clinics – enabling all steps of the transplant procedure to be done efficiently on-site. The department has performed more than 2,000 transplants to date and employs a diverse team of world-renowned specialists, including hematologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists, who all work together to provide optimized treatments for each individual patient.
Reasons to Choose Israel for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplant:
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
Where to Pursue Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplant in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of getting B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia treatment in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.