4 Reasons to Travel to Israel for Cancer Treatment
While you can easily find high-quality care and well-trained specialists in the US, more Americans are now seeking cancer treatment in Israel in order to receive affordable quality care.
When it comes to therapy for cancer, several factors matter: quality of care, access to advanced treatments, cost, and specialization. While you can easily find high quality care and well-trained specialists in the US, more Americans are now seeking cancer treatment in Israel in order to receive the benefits of all four of the abovementioned factors.
Cancer Treatment in Israel
- The quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a reliable authority.
- Advanced Treatments: Israel and the US often work hand in hand on cancer research, seeking to both understand the nature of cancer and develop new and effective treatments against it. Israel lacks many of the blockades to novel therapies found in the US. While Israeli clinical trials are still conducted under high standards of safety, these trials are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
- Cost: American healthcare costs are enormous. If you don’t have insurance, the price for cancer treatment can be crippling. Costs are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US. Yet, you’re not trading affordability for quality. Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
- Specialization: Effective cancer treatment often depends on several different types of specialists working together. You’ll find this sort of cooperation in Israel. For example, if you’re suffering from melanoma, you may have dermatologists, oncologists, immunologists, researchers, and support staff on your treatment team, all working in concert.
The Cancer Center at Sheba Medical Center – Top Tier Care
Israeli cancer treatment is the equal of any healthcare in the world, and Sheba Medical Center provides the most advanced care in Israel. It’s world class medicine with a personal touch. Treating over 50,000 cancer patients each year, Sheba’s Cancer Center is the largest facility of its kind in the region. Therapy is offered for dozens of different types and stages of cancer, and Sheba has over 160 ongoing clinical trials for cutting edge new cancer treatments.
Here are some additional reasons to choose Sheba for cancer treatment in Israel:
- Sheba has specialized facilities for different cancer types, including the Meirav Breast Center and the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immunotherapy.
- Sheba has earned full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premiere international healthcare accrediting group.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center in the US and Sheba are close partners, exchanging research and staff.
- Sheba is the home of some of the finest cancer physicians in the world. These include oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologists, pulmonologists, and other specialists.
- Virtually every type of cancer is treated at Sheba, including liver cancer, prostate cancer, gynecological cancer, leukemia, lung cancer, renal cancer, and many more.
- Sheba provides 360 degree care to every patient. This means that Sheba’s professionals assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation. Sheba’s staff members are with you every step of the way.
Cancer can progress rapidly, resulting in a more serious prognosis. So don’t delay.
Contact Sheba Medical Center immediately for a free consultation and start on the road to advanced, effective cancer treatment.
Request a consultation
Ready to contact us for a consultation about your condition and our medical services? The staff of our Global Patient Services is ready to help.
Please select the appropriate button to get started.