Learn Why People Travel to Israel for B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Treatment
Find out more about affordable, advanced treatments and the high quality of care offered in Israel
B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is an aggressive (fast-growing) type of leukemia in which too many B-cell lymphoblasts (immature white blood cells) are found in the bone marrow and blood. It is the most common type of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Although ALL can develop at any age, it is the most common cancer diagnosed in children. As an extremely fast-growing malignancy of the blood and bone marrow, ALL requires treatment to be administered as early as possible for a positive outcome. When left untreated, the disease can become fatal within months. In most cases, by the time ALL is diagnosed, it has already progressed. Treatments for ALL include chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation therapy, bone marrow transplants, and CAR T-cell therapy.
Reasons to Choose Israel for B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Treatment
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
Bone Marrow Transplantation in Israel
When necessary, bone marrow transplants can be performed as part of B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia treatment in Israel. The procedure involves depleting diseased bone marrow with chemotherapy or radiation and then intravenously infusing healthy donor stem cells into the patient. The new stem cells travel to the bone marrow, where they begin to produce new blood cells. At Sheba Medical Center, the largest hospital in Israel, the Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation features 14 private rooms, alongside comprehensive, high-tech laboratories and clinics – enabling all steps of the transplant procedure to be carried out efficiently on-site. The department has performed more than 2,000 transplants to date and employs a diverse team of world-renowned specialists, including hematologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, who all work together to provide optimized treatments for each individual patient.
Where to Pursue This Treatment in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of getting B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.