Advanced Pediatric Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatments in Israel
Is Pediatric Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatable in Israel?
Learn how advanced treatments, for pediatric ewing’s sarcoma offered in Israel, can make a difference for patients.
Ewing’s sarcoma is a rare type of cancer that occurs primarily in the bone or soft tissue around the bone. It mainly affects children and young people, and accounts for about 1% of childhood cancers. While Ewing’s sarcoma can occur at any time during childhood, it most commonly develops during puberty, when the bones are growing rapidly. Pediatric Ewing’s sarcoma can develop in or around any bone, but is most often found in the hip bones, ribs, long bones, and humerus.
Ewing’s sarcoma is caused by a mutation in a cell’s DNA that causes it to multiply quickly and continue living when a healthy cell would normally die. The result is a mass (tumor) of abnormal cells that can invade and destroy healthy body tissue. When the abnormal cells spread throughout the body, the malignancy can develop into metastatic Ewing’s sarcoma. The malignancy has two main types: soft tissue Ewing’s sarcoma and bone Ewing’s sarcoma, as well as many subtypes.
Being a relatively rare malignancy, quality treatment for pediatric Ewing’s sarcoma can be hard to find. Therefore, it is critical to choose a medical center staffed with top tier cancer specialists and medical experts with experience in a wide range of disciplines for treatment. However, treatment options are available. A treatment plan for pediatric Ewing’s sarcoma must take into account the tumor’s type, size, and location, and may include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted drugs, and a bone marrow transplantation.
Bone Marrow Transplantation in Israel
When necessary, bone marrow transplants can be performed as part of Pediatric Ewing’s Sarcoma treatment. The procedure involves depleting a diseased bone marrow with chemotherapy or radiation and then intravenously infusing healthy donor stem cells into the patient. The new stem cells travel to the bone marrow, where they begin to produce new blood cells. At Sheba Medical Center, the largest hospital in Israel, the Department of Bone Marrow Transplants features 14 private rooms, alongside comprehensive, high-tech laboratories and clinics – enabling all steps of the transplant procedure to be completed efficiently on-site. The department has performed more than 2,000 transplants to date and employs a diverse team of world-renowned specialists, including hematologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists, who all work together to provide optimized treatments for each individual patient.
Benefits of Getting Pediatric Ewing’s Sarcoma New Treatments in Israel
Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
Quality of Care
Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
Where to Pursue Pediatric Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatment in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of getting treatment for pediatric Ewing’s sarcoma in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
Within our Department of Sarcomas and Bone Tumors, Sheba is actively involved in exciting clinical studies to develop new treatments for pediatric Ewing’s sarcoma.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- Sheba treats children with a holistic approach, keeping in mind that cancer can have devastating effects on the physical and emotional well-being of your child and his/her entire family, which is why we offer a variety of support services.
- Antiangiogenesis: Antiangiogenesis is a breakthrough treatment for metastatic sarcoma, which inhibits the development of blood vessels that feed metastases. Research trials showed that in 46% of the patients who received the therapy, the enlargement of 31% of the metastases was stopped.
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba treats each patient as a unique individual, personalizing every therapy program.
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.
- Our physicians are actively involved in the latest research and application of progressive treatments.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: